Page moved to: Interesting Facts in Biology

Did you know? I wrote a program that will analyze and automatically summarize Biology. (Very useful). It's a web app, but is on Olin's server right now. I compiled a huge amount of Biology information and made a Markov model. I did a lot of work in Python stripping unwanted data. At first, I was putting all of the data in a php file, but this turned out to be inefficient and a heavy load on the server. I ended up with a solution: I divided all of the text into 64 slices, and then created 8 medium-sized files out of shuffled slices (for variety). I then wrote Python code to generate one Markov model for each of the files and save the results as a Javascript object .js file. Then, the php code randomly picks one of the 8 .js files to include whenever the page is loaded. The Markov generation is all client-side, so you can generate many times without needing a page refresh.