Sometime this year, I was discussing speed-reading with some friends at Olin. We were thinking of faster ways to read. I can't remember exactly why, but that night I wrote this very quickly.
Change the number to change the delay between words. (I think the idea is to start at a comfortable level and gradually get faster).
I found it today and quickly renamed some of the variables and made it more browser compatible. (Also, in the old version the loop function would call setTimeout on itself with a parameter, but now I realized that it is better to use a global variable, g_nIndex). This is still definitely a thirty minute hack (low quality, questionable usefulness, and really fun).